Expectations of Users
All users are expected to abide by the rules, regulations and policies of the Des Moines Independent Community School District governing the use of the school premises or equipment.
Rules and policies:
- Alcoholic beverages, controlled substance (drugs), tobacco products and firearms are not permitted in District buildings or on surrounding District grounds.
- Disruptive or illegal activity, including obscene language, quarreling or fighting, is prohibited.
- No food or drinks are allowed in classrooms, hallways, gyms or rest rooms. Food and drink are permitted only with prior approval by the high school Activity Director or Community Education Coordinator. Likewise, there is absolutely no access to kitchen facilities without prior approval.
- Children must have adult supervision at all times. Running through halls or entering areas that were not requested for use is prohibited.
- Outdoor sports, including softball, baseball, tennis and soccer, are prohibited in gymnasiums. Proper gym shoes are required of all participants.
- Users will arrive and depart at times noted on the permit. Users will follow directions of building managers, custodians or other DMPS staff on site.
- Facilities will be left in the same condition in which they were found and trash will be removed.
Each group is responsible for the behavior of its members and must designate one person (group representative) who serves as a group contact person with the Community Education Coordinator, Building Supervisor and the group he/she represents. The group representative is responsible for communicating the Facility Usage Guidelines, usage procedures and other information to the group members and for ensuring that group members understand and follow those guidelines and procedures as outlined.